What startup events in Europe you shouldn’t miss in the fall of 2014
Summer is here. It’s time to relax, sunbath, and enjoy the lovely warm weather. While you lay in the sun, sipping at that cocktail, I’ll make sure you are prepared for autumn. So, I’ve taken the liberty of complying a list of upcoming startup events this fall. I will try to cover most of the countries, so that everyone’s happy and has what to choose from.
Berlin, London, Madrid, Milan, Minsk, or Vienna?
- IFA is a global trade that will take place in Berlin, 5-10 September. This event focuses on consumer electronics, presenting the latest innovations, and it also offers a wide view of the international market. It is the perfect place for you to go, if you are a retailer, a buyer, or if you are an expert in the industry.
- Any fashion enthusiasts around here? Decoded Fashion is an event that takes place in Milan 22nd October. They describe it as the event “where brands meet the best new Tech”. Pretty unique, right? I am definitely sold out. Girls, this is one of those startup events that you shouldn’t miss.
- WIRED2014 is an event organized by WIRED, of course, that takes place in London, 16-17 October. This flagship event covers so many topics, that you’ll definitely find something interesting enough for you. From neuroscience, robotics, and business, to entertainment and music, this event is certainly one to look forward too. But hurry up if you want to get a ticket. They sell out like crazy.
- Pioneers Festival is one that also deserves its place in this startup events list. It will take place in Vienna, 29-30 October. It is “the event where Technology and Science meet Entrepreneurship”. Speakers from WIRED and Forbes are already announced. Note that the limit is up to 2.500 participants.
- The Global Entrepreneurship Week will take place in Minsk, 18-24 November. It is a celebration of those who innovate and create jobs, and also of those who bring startups to life. During this week, you’ll have the possibility to be inspired by some awesome people, and to participate in events that will explore your potential.
- Even though I already listed one event that will take place in London, I need to include TechCrunch Disrupt Europe among these startup events. It will take place 18-21 October. What will be happening there, you ask? There will be panels, chats with TechCrunch writers and editors, awesome speakers, venture capitalists, and entrepreneurs. Also, a Hackathon will kick off the conference.
- The South Summit is one of the leading startup conferences in the South of Europe. It will take place in Madrid, 8-10 October. This event is a great opportunity for leading investors and companies to network. There will also be a startup competition, but only from Latin America or the South of Europe.
Startup events are a great way to begin the fall
After a relaxing summer, an event like this could be a great way to reconnect with the real world. Of course, this is just a brief selection of all the startup events that will be happening this fall. Which one will you be attending?
Latest posts by Ana Darstaru (see all)
- The good, the bad and the ugly of Black Friday deals revealed - November 28, 2014
- What to learn from startup events - November 22, 2014
- [INFOGRAPHIC] Online communities for growth hackers - November 19, 2014