I’ve already told you about His idea of crowdfunding. A potato salad! Now that’s a successful crowdfunding campaign which was financed within days. So, I wonder what are some other hilarious, serious, interesting projects on Kickstarter that were funded fast enough and achieved a sky-rocketing success? Let’s take a look at my favorite 5.
5 Kickstarter projects that achieved a sky-rocketing success within days
- Do you remember Pebble? It is an E-Paper Watch made for your iPhone or Android. Pebble is a watch designed for the 21st century. It is customizable, and enables Internet connection. You can download new watch-faces, use sports and fitness apps and get notifications from your phone. It also has apps designed for sports, such as running or cycling. In 2012 its success on Kickstarter set a record as in 2 days, as Michael McGregor records, it scored about $2 mil. and over 14000 backers.(Read more…). The funding campaign lasted from April 11 2012 – May 19 2012 (37 days) and they raised about 69000 backers and $10.266.845 of the $100.000 goal, managing to get 1027% funded.
- Another highly successful Kickstarter project is Coolest Cooler: 21st Century Cooler that’s Actually Cooler. Coolest Cooler actually took a little longer to be funded: 52 days, from Jul 8 2014 to Aug 30 2014. It is not a regular cooler, but one which has a built-in ice crushing blender, a waterproof blue-tooth speaker, in order to offer music, and a built-in USB charger. It also has integrated storage for plates and a knife and a bottle opener. They managed to get 26570% funded and raise more than $13.000.000 of the $50.000 initial goal, with more than 62000 backers.
- One hilarious project successfully funded on the 7th of August, after a campaign that lasted for only 29 days is Pug-let: The First Ever All-Pug Production of Hamlet. Colin Gorenstein underlines in his post for Mashable.com: “Hamlet. With pugs.” Colin suggests that though nothing on Kickstarter can surprise us anymore, this project just might do it. “A brave man is trying to fund a five-hour production of Hamlet with a cast comprised entirely of pugs. Glorious, slobbering, royal robe-donning pugs.” And even Gertrude gets to be a pug :)) Although it seemed to have a fat chance of winning, it actually managed to raise 196 backers and to beat its initial goal of $5000 with $35. I think that is highly successful if you take all the aspects of the campaign into consideration. [ Image Credits: Andrew Becraft flickr.]
- What’s every child’s dream? Water balloons! Bunch O Balloons: 100 water balloons in less than 1 minute is one “naughty” Kickstarter campaign. What kid hates a good prank every once in a while? With Bunch O Balloons, kids of all ages can prepare 100 water balloons in one minute to engage in the water-balloon fight of their dreams. They’ll have enough “ammo for any battle.” Bunch O Balloons has a hose attachment with 37 pre-connected balloons that automatically fill and tie themselves. The campaign lasted for 30 days( Jul 22 2014 and it managed to raise about 21.400 backers and more than $900.000 from the $10.000 goal.
- Guess what? The Stupendous Splendiferous ButterUp was a butter knife Kickstarter campaign and it got successfully funded after 29 days. It’s a really delicious campaign: “Enjoy real butter straight from the fridge. The ButterUp knife softens butter in spectacular forms!”. It has a broad spreading blade and a built-in grater, it’s safe in the dish-washer and it managed to raise 15.251 backers and more than $360.000 from the goal of $38.000.
So these are my favorite Kickstarter campaigns that were funded within days and achieved a really great success. What are yours?
Latest posts by Ligia Mangra
- Introducing The Future Of Retail Shopping: The Ibeacon - May 26, 2015
- Can you buy unique content? - January 8, 2015
- Buy articles and spend less money on content creation - January 5, 2015