Get Your Site Noticed by Google with Sitemap Generator and Settings
Squirrly Helps You Be Crawlable, Indexable and Always on the Search Engine Radar
For your blog to have a peak WordPress performance, you need different types of pages or content, such as:
- custom taxonomies
- custom post types
- products – for eCommerce sites
- Google News
- But, once you enable or add them, there will be lots of data for search engine bots to crawl and index.
You need to structure everything, so that it looks neat and orderly to Google’s “eyes”. Bots need to:
- know which pages are more relevant
- see which of your content has changed
- understand your site architecture
- This is where a sitemap comes into play.
It basically is an XML file which:
- allows you to tally URLs which search engines can crawl and then index.
- contains metadata – such as the date of last updates or the frequency of changes – for the respective URLs.
Why Do I Need an XML Sitemap Generator?
To Google, a structured website is extremely appealing and a standout among other billion sites out there.
It makes sense – a website which has a sitemap enabled will render its links in a more adequate list, thus sparing search engine bots loads of crawling time.
It’s like business – partners will more likely collaborate with you if they see you have neat processes and everything is in place. And you know that with search engines, you do need to cultivate a flawless partnership.
For that to happen, you need to put in some sweat as well.
Next step: install the Squirrly SEO Plugin and enable its sitemap generator from the SEO Settings section:
Just adding the sitemap won’t cut it in the long term.
With Google, you always have to be on the lookout.
That’s why Squirrly steps in with a few nifty settings to give you that upper hand against your competitors:
Let’s break these down. Briefly put, Squirrly SEO Plugin will:
- ping your website to Google and Bing when you post some new content. Your latest posts will be added automatically to the sitemap.
- select what type of content you want to add to the sitemap.
- include images and videos separately, which will allow Google to index them with the proper keyword.
- take into account how often you update your site.
With Squirrly’s Sitemap Generator and settings, Google will be notified of the updates to your site right after you operate them.
Help Google help you and your website will become SEO-wise handsome.
This way, your efforts to build quality content will meet the rankings they deserve. Faster and more effortlessly.