Your company’s social presence has an impact on your business. Getting the content you’ve created to be shared can sometimes prove to be challenging. But why not learn how to get your content to as many people as possible, since you’ve already taken the time to write it?
Twitter is a great place to establish connections with influencers, and get them to share what you write. If you’re having trouble identifying why your content isn’t shared, and what you’re doing wrong, this article is for you.
[ Photo credits: mkhmarketing’sFlickr ]
What are Twitter shares (retweets) and why are they important?
What you need to do first, is to go on ContentLook, and enter your website. ContentLook identifies how good your content marketing strategy is, by including Blogging, Traffic, Social Media, SEO, Links and Authority.
The content you create for your blog is meant to be shared by as many people as possible. They are important, because that is how you gain visibility, and drive traffic to your website. It’s meaningless to create content, if it doesn’t get shared.
When you post something, people have the option of retweeting you. The people that follow you will see what you shared. Also, if you use hashtags, which is strongly recommended, there are higher chances that your content will be seen by many people.
At the same time, social shares become the new SEO. As a result, social shares will improve your chances of getting found on search engines. Social sharing is strongly connected to the authority of your website, too.
Upgrade Your WordPress
Become Super Competitive Now!
Overtake your competitors with today's free Upgrade!
What does it mean when you don’t have that many Twitter shares?
Well, it means that you’re doing something wrong, for sure. Or, that you’re not doing anything at all. Maybe your articles are packed with good content, but you just don’t know how to improve their social shareability.
The strength of a link in social media is now measured by how many times it has been liked, tweeted or shared on social media. What you need to do is to stand out of the crowd, and make yourself visible. Now that you identified your problem, it’s time to solve it.
The Squirrly way to more retweets
First, I will tell you how Squirrly can help you. Squirrly SEO was specially designed to show you how to fix your website’s overall experience, regarding its social interaction. So to maximize it, you can use Twitter Cards.
How they work? You attach media experiences to Tweets that link to your content.
It’s really easy to add this feature. You just need to go to your WordPress dashboard, click Settings on the Squirrly Tab, add your Twitter account, click “check here”, choose the type of card you want to use, click validate and apply, add the URL of your wordpress website of your choice, then click request approval, wait for it to be approved, and you’re done!
How to improve your Twitter shares
Now, let’s see some other ways to improve your Twitter shares.
- Include share buttons in your articles. This is the simplest and the easiest way to increase the visibility of your blog. If a person clicks on your article, reads it, and wants to share it, this button will actually make their job easier. The share button is like a “call to action”. So, you want to make it clear, easy, accessible.
- Photos get more retweets. Include pictures in your article, so you make the content more shareable. But use only photos that are high quality. It will make people trust your content. You know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. It’s a good thing that Twitter has the characters’ limit, because a good photo can do the job for you.
- Create embed codes for infographics. As I was saying, visual content is really important. When other bloggers share your infographics, it can drive a lot of traffic to your website. So, make it easier for them to promote your visual content. Plus, everybody loves infographics, so they have the most chances of getting shared.
- Link, interview or quote influencers. Having an influencer integrated in your article, will make you trustworthy. At the same time, the people you mentioned in the blog post are more likely to share it. That way, your article will get to a much wider audience.
- Choose to talk about trending topics. Believe it or not, it matters what you decide to write about. Find out what your audience is interested to read. Make it worth their while.
- Use Twitter Cards. This is a great tool to have. You can use it to attach videos and photos to your texts. These will ultimately drive more traffic to your website. Don’t know how to use it? Learn more about it here. Along with driving engagement and action, it also provides an analytics system, which will measure your performance.
- Add “Follow me” buttons for social media. Why should you add them? Because it increases your chances of being found on search engines. They “see” that you are active, so they reward you with a good online presence.
How to keep your Twitter shares consistent
Now that you managed to apply the tips above, you have to maintain a steady activity.
- Remember to be consistent. Keep your posts coming, and at the same quality. Make a schedule, so you don’t forget when to post.
- Keep an ongoing conversation with your followers. Once you reached your goal, don’t forget about the people who helped you get there. Mention them, reply to them, retweet their posts.
- Thank the people that share your tweets. It’s nice when people thank you for sharing their tweet. There are high chances that the person will remember you, and keep sharing your interesting content.
- Quality, not quantity. Always, and I really mean always focus on giving the best quality content. You don’t have to post everyday of the week. It’s more important to make your post worth the time to read and even share on twitter.