Patrick Curtis is the founder and CEO of Wall Street Oasis, an online community focused on careers in finance founded in 2006.
His business was built on user-generated content and long-tail organic traffic.
However, when their growth came to a sudden stop due to Google algorithm change impacts and thin and/or low-quality user-generated content, Curtis gathered up a team of content optimization specialists.
Together, they launched a project meant to optimize the content on Wall Street Oasis’ site and help them regain their growth trajectory.
Here are four on-page SEO changes they made which resulted in a boost in traffic:
- Increasing the length of the article;
- Adding relevant subtitles (H2s, H3s, and H4s) to help organize the content. (these two changes gave the pages the highest boost in organic traffic);
- Changing the title so that it matched more high-volume keywords;
- Adding a relevant video to the page (this helped increase time on page and enriched the content around the topic).
- [Closed Beta Announced] Private SEO Consultant. In a Plugin. - April 5, 2020
- Marketing in Times of Crisis – New Opportunities Shine Through the Darkness - March 30, 2020
- Get Lifetime Access to Education Cloud 2020 with a One Time Payment - March 29, 2020