Getting the content you’ve created to be shared can sometimes prove to be challenging. But why not learn how to get your content spread to as many people as possible, since you already took the time to write it? If you’re having trouble identifying why your content isn’t shared, and what you’re doing wrong, this article is for you.
What are Twitter shares?
The content you create for your blog is meant to be shared by as many people as possible. They are important, because that is how you gain visibility, and drive traffic to your website. It’s meaningless to create content, if it doesn’t get shared. When you post something, people have the option of retweeting you. The people that follow you will see what you shared. Also, if you use hashtags, which is strongly recommended, there are higher chances that your content will be seen by many people.
Why are they important?
Social shares have become the new SEO. As a result, social shares will improve your chances of getting found on search engines. Social sharing is strongly connected to the authority of your website, too.
The strength of a link in social media is now measured by how many times it has been liked, tweeted or shared on social media. What you need to do is to stand out of the crowd, and make yourself visible. Now that you identified your problem, it’s time to solve it.
How to improve your Twitter shares
Now, let’s see some other ways to improve your Twitter shares.
- Include share buttons in your articles. This is the simplest and the easiest way to increase the visibility of your blog. If a person clicks on your article, reads it, and wants to share it, this button will actually make their job easier. The share button is like a “call to action”. So, you want to make it clear, easy, accessible.
- Photos get more retweets. Include pictures in your article, so you make the content more shareable. But use only photos that are high quality. It will make people trust your content. You know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. It’s a good thing that Twitter has the characters’ limit, because a good photo can do the job for you.
- Create embed codes for infographics. As I was saying, visual content is really important. When other bloggers share your infographics, it can drive a lot of traffic to your website. So, make it easier for them to promote your visual content. Plus, everybody loves infographics, so they have the most chances of getting shared.
- Link, interview or quote influencers. Having an influencer integrated in your article, will make you trustworthy. At the same time, the people you mentioned in the blog post are more likely to share it. That way, your article will get to a much wider audience.
- Choose to talk about trending topics. Believe it or not, it matters what you decide to write about. Find out what your audience is interested to read. Make it worth their while.
- Use Twitter Cards. This is a great tool to have. You can use it to attach videos and photos to your texts. These will ultimately drive more traffic to your website. Don’t know how to use it? Learn more about it here. Along with driving engagement and action, it also provides an analytics system, that will measure your performance.
- Add “Follow me” buttons for social media. Why should you add them? Because it increases your chances of being found on search engines. They “see” that you are active, so they reward you with a good online presence.
AddThis is a great tool to use if you want to track your Twitter shares.
How can Squirrly help you?
If you are having trouble driving traffic to your articles, then maybe you don’t optimize them. Check out our WordPress SEO Plugin that can help you optimize your articles, providing you with live assistance as you’re typing the content. Writing SEO articles has never been easier. Try it yourself!
Latest posts by Ana Darstaru
- Want to Improve Your Content Marketing Analytics? How L’Oreal Is Using Content Marketing to Attract New Customers - August 9, 2017
- What Is Product Hunt And Why Should Authors, Podcasters, SEOs and Marketers Care - November 24, 2016
- Celebrating 100K Squirrly SEO Plugin Users By Running A Huge Giveaway - September 30, 2016