Inbound Marketing involves a lot of publishing and it’s good to start doing it like publishers. In this tutorial I want to show you how I added the Twitter Cards to my wordpress site.First of all, I used Squirrly SEO, of course. Don’t worry, the twitter cards option of it is and always will be free, regardless of your choice to stay free or upgrade to PRO.
Rocking Your Inbound Marketing With Awesome Twitter Cards:
1) Go to your WordPress Dashboard, at the Squirrly Tab, and click Settings.
2) Add your twitter account
Must be the same twitter account that you will use for creating your twitter cards, on Twitter 🙂
3) Click the Check Here Button
( yes, it’s the same image 🙂 but the Check Here button is right there. )
Wake up with new leads from the content you publish.
5) Click the Validate and Apply tab. Then, input the URL of your desired wordpress site there.
6) You will see that it started taking your site into account. Click: Request Approval
7) You may need to wait for a while. Usually these get done fast ( under 1 hour), but it may take longer. I had mine validated in 2 minutes.
9) Tweet one of your links and look how awesome it’s displayed.
Also, inbound marketing or not, look how awesome it is. I’ve embedded it below:
Growth Hacking Applied to Squirrly and UseTogether http://t.co/DDhzSb1GU1
— Florin Muresan (@florin_muresan) July 18, 2013