It’s good to see you today for the 4th Lesson of our new course, that will help you get to 300 readers / blog article.
This time around, I will show you how the hashtags that you researched in the previous lesson will help you build up some amazing traffic by answering the right questions on Quora.
You know the No Talk. All Action motto of this new course you’re getting from Squirrly. Oh well, since not so many of you are familliar with Quora, it’s best that we have a bit of talk, so we can explain to you what Quora is all about. So that will be Chapter 1.
In Chapter 2 of this lesson, you’ll get to see exactly what you need to do to get at least a + of 30 new readers for each article you write.
If you’re already familiar with this Q and A platform, then just go ahead and skip to Chapter 2.
Otherwise, let’s begin explaining what Quora is. Ana Darstaru, one of our top-notch writers here at Squirrly presents it to you.
Chapter 1: Quora, the Q and A Community that’s built value-first, marketing later.
I did not know what Quora was, until I made an account and actually started using it for work. Basically, it is a Q&A website, where you can ask a question, and wait for someone to answer it. You must be curious how can this possibly help with your marketing strategy. You’re about to find out. This guide will show you step by step how to get familiar with it.
What about Quora?
Did you know that Quora is a startup that managed to get popular through growth hacking? Yes, that’s true. Co-founder, Adam D’Angelo, says that “More than a billion people use the internet yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it“.
But it is not only a Q&A website, but a platform that makes sure that the questions get the most accurate answer, “from people with first hand experience”, as they say on their website. Whether you’re a marketer or not, it doesn’t matter. People want to have answers to almost anything.
How can you benefit from Quora
- Ask or answer questions. Your answers can be up voted, and so increase your chances to be trusted by others. If you see that someone asks a question that you have the answer to, don’t be afraid to leave a reply. For example, if your company offers content marketing services, leave the link to your website to someone that is looking for that. Quora also has the option to vote for someone’s answer, and it can help build reputation. The people that have the answers with the most votes, are more likely to be trusted. Also, keep in mind that you only get to answer a question once.
- Follow people and questions. If a certain influencer, or a person you admire professionally is active, you can keep track of their activity on Quora. People and encouraged to use their real name, and also write what they do, so you shouldn’t worry about fake identities. This way, it’s easier for you to figure out who are the thought leaders in your domain. Quora is a great place to meet, and network with professionals.
- Another cool feature is that you can choose who to answer the questions. If there’s a particular question that you want to be answered from a certain specialist, you can do that. Afterwards, there is a great possibility that you can establish some kind of connection with that person, so you can keep them close for whenever you may need their help again.
- You can promote questions, so they reach to as many people as possible. That way, there are higher chances that you will receive an answer from someone with expertise, or that your questions will be seen by many people than in general.
- Research. Content marketers, you’re in luck! When the writer’s block kicks in, you can always rely on Quora. It is a great tool for research. If you ran out of ideas for your blog, you can check out what’s trending here. Or simply ask a question about ideas. There are high chances that you will receive not one, but many answers. Then, you can use the article you wrote to respond to people that you have the solution to their problem. Research comes also in handy when you don’t know what keywords to use.
What not to do on Quora
If you only want to promote or sale your product, than this platform is not for you. People will figure that out. Instead, try and focus on building a relationship with people you’re genuinely interested in. Don’t go on and on only about you and your company.
Quora for me is like Google, but smarter, more specific, trustworthy and personal. Have you tried it so far? Let me know what are your thoughts on it.
continuing this here Lesson with:
Chapter 2: So, You Have the Answer to What Question?
Very important to keep in mind:
Quora is value-driven, so make sure you will not spam every possible question with your links. We are very AGAINST that type of behaviour.
Open up the excel file in which you researched the hashtags last time. We will be using that file a lot through-out this course.
Okay. This is the All-Action part of the lesson. Let’s begin learning the steps.
1) Your mindset. How this Makes Sense.
In order to make this tactic work well for your overall strategy of getting 300 readers / blog article:
You need to think of Questions for each article you write from now on:
a) The Type A question.
You have the blog article written already. You need to find on Quora some questions that you can answer yourself (post 80 to 250 words) and then write the link to your article.
What on earth?
Yes, you heard me right. Quora is value-driven, so don’t post just links. You will have to write some really valuable answers and only then post the link to your blog article where you explain your answer in more depth.
If readers from Quora find your answer to be valuable, then they WILL CLICK your link and continue reading on your own site. This is very important to keep in mind, otherwise this method will NOT work for you and it will ruin your image.
b) The Type B Question.
As I said, for each article you write you need to think of two types of questions.
Type B is a question that does NOT already exist on Quora, so you will have to think about it and then place it as a question on the platform.
You need to think of a question that you can place on Quora and then come and answer it with your own article.
Basically, you post the question and you already have the perfect answer for it.
That will make people really love your answer and they will definitely click to go to your website.
2) For an article that you already have, prepare 2 Type A questions and 2 Type B questions.
DO it right now.
3) GO to Quora. Searching for topics that will give you a lot of questions where you can place your answers and find lots of Type A Questions
Alright. Go to your Hashtags Research File.
Select one of the topics (hashtags).
You can see that I selected #crowdfunding
Then, go to Quora.com and search for your hashtag, like I did (in my case, crowdfunding)
There you will see a huge list of questions. Find the best ones where you could place your blog article as an answer to those questions that you see in the list.
That’s it. Now read the secret tactic to get more out of this method. (below)
Super-Secret Tactic to get more Readers out of Quora and Type B Questions.
Use their “Ask People To Answer” feature.
You will ask a lot of people from Quora to answer your type B question.This will increase the visibility of your question amongst quora users (a lot). When you receive the first answer for your question, go on and publish the answer your prepared along with the link to your site.
It will seem very natural for everyone, you will contribute to the community and you will have a lot of visibility. Since there will be about 3 answers and 200 people viewing the question, clicks will follow.
That’s all for today. Go on and grow your readership for each article you write from now on.
Here’s the benchmark box to show you how far along you are.
Read the next emails you’ll get in your inbox. They will help you figure out how well you’re doing so far. Then, the next ones will help you reach the final milestone. There’s a lot more to do on your Journey.
CEO of Squirrly
Latest posts by Florin Muresan
- UpComing Release Notes - January 18, 2018
- Personal Branding Tips For Beginners: How To Easily Get Started - November 19, 2017
- On Thinking Differently. 🔥 Launching Soon. Here’s how you can get early access and your spot for the Launch Event 🌟 - September 19, 2017