How can you know that you are doing everything that you can to rank on the first page of Google?
How do you make sure that you are checking all the right boxes when it comes to SEO?
Well, you could try to come up with a checklist of your own and do your best to keep up with all the work that needs to be done – or you can just count on Squirrly SEO to tell you what to do and when.
With Squirrly SEO, you have all your bases covered, and can rest assured knowing that you are not overlooking essential aspects that impact your chance of ranking.
To showcase this, we’ll walk you through what renowned SEO experts have included in their SEO checklists – and show you how Squirrly helps you with every single one of those aspects.
Starting with Brian Dean’s SEO checklist. Let’s jump right in!
1. Setup The Google Search Console
2. Install Bing Webmaster Tools
3. Setup Google Analytics
✔️ All of these steps are covered in Squirrly SEO Settings. Moreover, if you install Squirrly and you do not have those elements already set up, Squirrly will tell you about them via Daily SEO Goals.
4. Discover Long Tail Keywords
5. Find Solid Keywords
6. Tap Into Online Communities
7. Identify Low Competition Keywords
8. Find “Question Keywords”
✔️ All of those steps are covered in Squirrly’s Keyword Research feature.
Plus, by using this feature from Squirrly, you will also get information related to:
- Search volume (see how many people are searching this exact keyword on Google);
- Competition/Keyword difficulty (tells you whether you can rank your pages for specific keywords, according to how many other sites are targeting them and how big/competitive those sites are);
- Trend (shows you if people are still interested in the topic you are researching);
- and Discussion (shows you how popular a topic is on social media).
Plus, as a Squirrly user, you will also receive access to lots of materials that teach you how to find the best keywords you can rank for.
9. Include Your Keyword In Your URL
10. Front-Load Your Keyword In Your Title Tag
11. Use Your Keyword Once In The First 150 Words
12. Use Your Keyword in H1, H2, or H3 Tags
13. Optimize Images
14. Use Synonyms and LSI Keywords
✔️ Squirrly’s Live Assistant feature covers all these steps. The Live Assistant checks your writing as you type and provides instant recommendations so that you can fully optimize your article right there and then.
15. Use Internal Links
16. Secure Your Site With HTTPS
17. ID and Fix Duplicate Meta Tags
18. Check Your Site’s Loading Speed
1. Create a sitemap
2. Create and add a robots.txt file to your site
3. Install Google Analytics
4. Setup Google Search Console
✔️ As previously mentioned, all of those steps are covered via Squirrly’s SEO Settings Feature.
6. Find a primary keyword to target
7. Find long-tail keyword variations
8. Understand ‘search intent’
✔️ All of those are covered in our Keyword Research Feature. You will also receive keyword-related tasks to help you rank better.
9. Use short, descriptive URLs
10. Write a compelling title tag and description
11. Use one H1 on your page (and include your keyword in it)
12. Link to relevant internal and external resources
13. Optimize your images with descriptive “alt” tags
14. Intelligently “sprinkle” long-tail variations throughout your content
15. Add schema markup to enhance SERP visibility (where relevant)
16. Write a kick-ass intro
17. Focus on readability
18. Use short sentences and paragraphs
19. Create the best piece of content on the topic
There will be cases when some elements will not be covered directly in our plugin.
✔️ However, those elements will be covered by the free lessons that you receive via email when you become a Squirrly SEO user. The training we’ve created for you will help you with all items presented in the list above.
You will learn how to create content that both human readers and search engines will love, you will learn how to do research for a piece of content, how to create epic headlines, and so much more.
20. Identify (and FIX) any crawl errors
21. Fix duplicate content issues
1. Free Reporting Platforms
2. XML Sitemap
4. Site Architecture
✔️ You will receive SEO tasks that are related to the aspects mentioned above via Daily SEO Goals.
The Audit feature also covers these items. Plus, some things, like page speed, for example, are also highlighted in the Focus Pages section as well. This is very useful if you are working on a specific page.
6. Keywords & Topics
10. Image Alt Attributes
✔️ Our Live Assistant Feature covers all of those elements. Plus, you’ll know you’ve ticked every box in real-time, as you write.
12. Social Media
✔️ You are reminded about the importance of having inner links as well as backlinks in our Focus Page feature. The same goes for social media signals.
1. Setup Friendly Permalinks (Live Assistant)
2. Always Use a Focus Keyword (Live assistant)
3. Importance of Title Tags (Focus Page) (Snippet)
4. Increase CTR with Meta Descriptions (Focus Page)
5. Header Tags – H1, H2, H3 (Live Assistant)
6. Image Alt Text (Live Assistant)
7. Focus Keyword in First Paragraph (Live Assistant)
8. Content is King – Word Count (Live Assistant)
9. Use Smart Image File Names (Focus Page)
10. Importance of Dofollow vs NoFollow Links (Focus Page)
11. Add Interlinks (Focus Page)
12. Add High Domain Authority External Links (Focus Page)
✔️ What you see in brackets next to the items included in Kinsta’s checklist are the Squirrly features that cover each one of the mentioned SEO aspects.
As you can see, just by using these two features from Squirrly you are covering a lot of ground when it comes to essential SEO work that industry experts say you should be doing for better rankings.
13. Sitemaps (SEO Audit)
14. Submit Sitemap to Google Search Console (SEO Settings)
15. Submit Sitemap to Bing Webmaster Tools (SEO Settings)
✔️ Squirrly’s SEO Settings as well as the SEO Audit will make sure your site is integrated with Google and Bing.
16. Force Crawl for Faster Indexing (Focus Pages)
17. Utilize Social Signals (Focus Pages)
18. Do Keyword Research (Keyword Research)
19. Build Backlinks (Focus Pages)
✔️ Squirrly SEO has over 200 features that cover a wide variety of SEO tasks.
20. WordPress SEO HTTPS Advantage (14 days journey)
The features from Squirrly are not the only ones that will guide you in the right direction. You’ll also get guidance via our courses and other experiences or challenges we’ve created inside the plugin.
✔️ The 14 Days Journey to Better Rankings is a great example of that.
21. Schema Markup (SEO Settings)
22. Social Markup (Focus Pages) (Snippet)
23. Website Speed (Focus Pages) (SEO Audit)
24. WordPress SEO Audits (SEO Audit)
25. Google Analytics (SEO Settings)
26. Track Keyword Rankings (SERP Checker)
✔️ You can see that by simply using the Squirrly SEO Plugin, you will be able to stay on top of many SEO tasks that industry experts deem essential to your SEO success.
You won’t need to check them manually and worry about overlooking critical aspects. The Daily SEO Goals feature will always make sure that your site has essential settings activated – and that you are focusing on those tasks that will give you the fastest results.