Update: 7,479 Subscriptions Sold and Why Squirrly Became One of the Best SaaS Companies … The Customer-Funded model works best for SaaS.
“Do Good Things and Good Things Will Come To You” – This is a quote that I’m thinking of starting. I know there have been many variations of this, and even Cobra Kai Season 3 had its own version of this, but I’m guessing it’s true.
And looking at the charts today, I see that it really is.
7,479 New Subscriptions (recurring subscriptions) sold by the Squirrly Company, since our first product launched on the market on 1st Feb 2013.
The Best SaaS Companies are Customer-Funded.
- sure, we did take an angel investment in 2012 to start our company and it was enough money to get us on the map.
- However… our customers are the ones who funded Squirrly Limited, which went on to develop and sell over 8 SaaS products in different niches of internet marketing.
- 8 SaaS Products and only 1 of them was funded by investors. The others were all customer-funded.
How did we achieve that? Why did it work for us?
From 1st Feb in 2013 to 8 Jan in 2021, we sold 7,479 subscriptions with recurring automatic payments.
It’s important to see how many business owners and decision makers in different companies trust our very own Company and the products which we bring to market every single year.
We’ve always focused on offering much more than what we asked for and we’ve made incredible contributions to business owners who were completely lost before trying our products and before meeting us.
Many people in many companies found success with our methods, our tools and our training programs and we’ve always kept affordable prices, so that we can make all this available to anyone, not just to a few corporations.
I’ve always believed that tech (and especially the Intelligent Personal Assistants for Digital Marketing that we create) can make a great impact on the world, by allowing any small business and freelancer to compete and win in markets that were usually overrun by untouchable giants.
Seeing the success of our customers, I know now that we’ve managed to do more than just believe. We made it happen.
We’ve helped people become Kings and Queens of the WWW and the world noticed. Which is why so many decided to get their SaaS subscriptions from us. Automatic Recurring Payments. Because we just keep delivering a lot of value to them.
Why Squirrly Became One of the Best SaaS Companies:
- Unlike MailChimp, SendGrid, Instapage and many others out there, we’ve taken good care of all subscribers and we grand-fathered their prices for them. Some investors (outside the company, N O T our own Angel Investors) have called me an idiot for not engaging in these shady practices of increasing prices over-night to currently subscribed users
- We offer excellent customer service even on the Free Plan
- Many SaaS products in our store are complementary to one another and give a huge power boost to all marketing operations. We didn’t just stay grounded in SEO.
- We teach customers and help them get better at growing their companies
- “Always Win by Helping Others Win” is our #1 Core Value.
- We take care of customers, offer deals and with the WhiteGlove services we really go above and beyond their expectations.
I put such great weight on the automatic recurring payments (the monthly and yearly subscriptions) because they talk a great deal about how much customers trust us after trying our products.
However: there’s a lot more that we sell, which hasn’t been placed here:
- Squirrly SPY Reports
- Starbox PRO
- Credits for KR
- Credits for SERP Checker
- Agency Services – we served hundreds of companies since 2014.
- Shopify Apps – sold through Shopify’s billing system, not through FastSpring (so: not through the software from which I’ve taken the report)
- Books – we sold ebooks
We’ve had many customers over the many years that we’ve been in business and we’re extremely grateful for the ones who kept investing in us.
After our first Angel Investment Round in 2012 we didn’t take additional funding rounds, because we were lucky enough to have so many thousands of clients who invested in us themselves.
“The best investments are the ones that your clients make in your business” – Florin Muresan…. here, I can actually make this quote official. I’ve believed it since 2013 when we turned down a massive potential investment, by realizing that we needed more great clients, not more investors.
- The Best SaaS Companies Are Customer-Funded. Read the Squirrly Example. - February 21, 2021
- Facebook Changed their API. What this Means for You as a Squirrly Social User - January 5, 2021
- Squirrly SEO PRO: Guaranteed to Bring You Rankings - November 12, 2020