Any discussion about marketing tools should start with three questions.
Do you know how many websites are there? The truth is, it’s pretty hard to tell the exact number because of the constant fluctuation, but there are more than one billion.
Do you know how many websites Google shows on the first page for any search? 9 or 10.
How can your site beat the other one billion websites to the first page?
Simple – with excellent SEO.
The problem is that getting the hang of how a search engine works is not precisely a cakewalk. There are a lot of variables and factors. Understanding all of them takes a lot of time, time that you don’t have. Luckily, there are better options now: you can use specialized marketing tools that can help in the process.
A big mistake many companies make when it comes to SEO is forgetting about the human element.
Search engines want to show people the most relevant results for their queries. That means search engines want you to create good content for the people, not for the bots.
Your primary SEO focus should be on creating quality content.
For this article, we’ve selected 5 tools that can help you achieve SEO Nirvana.
SEMrush - One of the Mightiest Marketing Tools
Before you start optimizing your website, you have to choose what to optimize it for. That means a lot of research on keywords and domains.
The goal is to find the most common search queries your target audience makes and learn who your competitors are, and what their strategy is. Once you know the lay of the land, it will be easier for you to start gaining organic traffic.
The problem is that understanding traffic isn’t as easy as it may seem at first. You’ve got to factor in ads, pay-per-click, social media shares and loads of other things.
And you’ll need powerful marketing tools to measure all that. Well, that’s something SEMrush can help you with. They create reports with all the little details you didn’t even know you needed.
Let’s go over these details:
- Organic reach – Before you do anything, you need to identify some good keywords. If you sell furniture, some relevant keywords could be “custom cupboards” or “folding chairs.” If you operate in New York, add that into the mix as well. New Yorkers who are looking for furniture items are more likely to search for “folding chairs new york” than for “furniture”.
- Analytics – insights into the advertising strategies of your competitors.
- Domain comparison – the Domain vs. Domain feature gathers ‘competitive intelligence’ data regarding up to five competing domains performance. You’ll see what keywords fare the best or worst. Then you can select low-competition keywords that you can use.
When optimizing a website, you don’t get to take shortcuts. It takes time and patience to achieve desired results.
By knowing that, you could be quite reluctant when a marketing tool promises to get “all the job done.”
Well, SEO PowerSuite integrates 4 SEO tools as an across-the-board mega pack that gets all the SEO job done.
So what are these four features for SEO excellence?
- Rank Tracker – as the name says, you get rank tracking for your site, as well as for your competitors’. Plus keyword research with 17 tools.
- Seo SpyGlass – enables you to check your backlink profile, keep up with Google’s algorithm changes and discover the most effective link building patterns.
- WebSite Auditor – broken links reports, on-site optimization and crawl statistics for better site indexing.
- Link Assistant – manages all backlink data and digs for relevant link opportunities.
Sounds too good to be true?
SEO PowerSuite is indeed a complete solution for a swift SEO performance.
What makes it so appealing to users is its easy-to-use and straightforward interface.
If you heard about Search Engine Optimization, you’ve sure bumped into terms like ‘bots’ and ‘crawlers.’ These are the small scanners that crawl your website and deliver data reports to a search engine. This is how Google indexes websites and decides how high a page will be ranked.
That being said, it would be great if you owned a tool that made things easier, right? This is where Screaming Frog’s free SEO Spider Tool comes in. It helps to fetch the following:
- Server/link errors
- Status of internal and external links
- Link security status
- Blocked URLs
- Page title issues
- Page response time
And these are just a few. The spider harvests all information necessary to create an XML Sitemap. This is a file that hierarchically outlines all links on your website so as to help bots crawl it more efficiently. That will reflect on your SEO metrics as well.
Once your page is made more accessible to crawlers, they will prioritize it and thus place it higher on the rankings.
Open Site Explorer
Open Site Explorer is the tool you need if you want to find out everything about links on your website or link building opportunities, both of which are important for SEO.
Just type in the URL of your website (or any other website for that matter), click on the “search” button, and, in a matter of seconds, you’ll discover plenty of insights about the website.
Here are the tool’s main sections:
- Inbound links
- Top Pages
- Linking Domains
- Anchor Text
- Compare Link Metrics
- Link Opportunities
- Advanced Reports
Kristina Kledzik, the SEO Manager at Rover.com, says that MozBar has been a critical part of her link building strategies and competition analysis for the last 5 years.
You know that you can’t have SEO without link building.
This nifty extension (as they call it) for Chrome and Firefox will show you the page authority and domain authority of every page you’re on. With the PRO version, you’re able to see the DA and PA for every website in Google search results.
Here’s the full list of features:
- Custom Searches
- Metrics That Matter
- Social Metrics
- Data Export
- Page Overlay
- On-Page Highlighter
We’re sure you do. But for that to happen, you need to find the right tools. The five we outlined in this article are all free to try, until you figure out which ones are the most rank-boosting for your platform.
And remember! It takes a whole lot of patience to find the winning formula for SEO greatness.
Actually, you can start by trying out our own Squirrly SEO Plugin.
Feel free to leave us your questions in the comment section or share this article if you found it to be useful.
Supercharged by drama and ideologies, as well.
Latest posts by Ioana Budai
- Squirrly SEO 2018: Steve Brings Exciting Updates to The Keyword Research Tool - September 25, 2017
- Squirrly WordPress SEO Plugin 2018 – Bigger, Faster, Stronger - August 16, 2017
- The Social Media SEO Trick to Get More Traffic via Social Networks - July 19, 2017