Tactic: Using gated content to increase email subscribers
Photowebo, a site that provides resources to help photographers build a stronger online presence, increased conversions by 3806% largely due to switching from pop-ups to gated content.
In their case, the content was a list of 101 different email subject lines their audience can use for their photography email marketing.
But, generally speaking, gated content refers to any type of online content that requires users to fill out a form before they can access them.
Your action steps:
- Make a list of your most popular, long-form blog articles, whitepapers, or eBooks.
- Consider turning them into gated content (by blurring or removing content below a set point on the page).
- Visitors will have to opt in to see the whole resource.
- Market it as exclusive content to further increase its appeal.
- Make it clear to the reader that you will provide the full resource in exchange for their email address.
Stop Missing Out on Great Digital Marketing Hacks and Ideas
The case study we shared with you today is just an example of what you’ve been missing out so far.
Join our Digital Marketing Superstars community and start receiving fresh, curated, actionable digital marketing hacks right in your inbox.
Plus, the chance to unlock community-exclusive rewards.
Join Digital Marketing Superstars and become a part of our growing community today!
- 4 User-Made YouTube Videos for HMWP Ghost – See Reactions, Main Features Tested & More - October 22, 2021
- Squirrly SEO – Exciting September Improvements You Should Know about - September 27, 2021
- NEW! G2 Fall Awards – Squirrly SEO Earns High Performer Badge in 3 Categories - September 21, 2021